Internationale Gemeinschaft für Labyrinthfische e.V.

Telefon: +49 152 28868116 | E-Mail: gf@igl-home.de

Offene Paro-Fotogal...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Offene Paro-Fotogalerie

252 Beiträge
27 Benutzer
0 Likes
160.6 K Ansichten
(@peter-finke)
Noble Member
Beigetreten: Vor 20 Jahren
Themenstarter  

Herzlichen Dank, Stefan, für Deine Initiative. Wir freuen uns auf die Bilder. Es sind ja bei den meisten Arten noch Lücken frei gelassen worden. Vielleicht kann Martin Hallmann einige auf diese Weise schließen.

Peter Finke, Bielefeld

AntwortZitat
Stefan
(@stefan)
Honorable Member
Beigetreten: Vor 19 Jahren

Permission granted, photos on their way. Oh and, my pleasure.

AntwortZitat
(@karen_k)
Estimable Member

Picture of a Parosphromenus anjunganensis juvenile,
its parents have been wildcaught in November 2005 :

Karen

AntwortZitat
(@karen_k)
Estimable Member

Picture of a Parosphromenus paludicola juvenile,
its parents have been bred by Peter Finke:

Karen

AntwortZitat
(@karen_k)
Estimable Member

This is an older picture, dated January 2005. Parosphromenus sumatranus, family portrait:

Karen

AntwortZitat
Stefan
(@stefan)
Honorable Member

There's the anjunganensis; beautiful!! Its dorsal looks much larger than in adults, interesting.

AntwortZitat
(@karen_k)
Estimable Member

Its dorsal looks much larger than in adults, interesting.

He (or she) is bending the fin down- and backward, I think.
The arrow at the picture below points at where I think that the dorsal fin is attached to the body:

Here's a picture of a sibling - he or she seems to have lost the tip of the dorsal fin!
But maybe the photo is misleading the eye...

grüße,
Karen

AntwortZitat
Stefan
(@stefan)
Honorable Member

Thank you Karen. I think our eye is misleading on the second photo; that happens sometimes - in fact, I just experienced the same: invisible fin part one one photo yet visible on one taken a few seconds later.

AntwortZitat
(@peter-finke)
Noble Member
Beigetreten: Vor 20 Jahren
Themenstarter  

Karen, wie alt sind die netten kleinen anjunganensis, die Du uns auf den schönen Fotos zeigst? In welchem Alter kannst Du die Geschlechter unterscheiden? Kannst Du bei den drei Monate alten sumatranus, die Du uns ebenfalls zeigst, die Geschlechter schon unterscheiden?

Peter Finke, Bielefeld

AntwortZitat
(@karen_k)
Estimable Member

Karen, wie alt sind die netten kleinen anjunganensis, die Du uns auf den schönen Fotos zeigst? In welchem Alter kannst Du die Geschlechter unterscheiden?

I'm not exactly sure of their age, since the adult anjunganensis fooled me. I had no idea they had a nest, until I saw fry swimming (about 4 weeks ago)! None of the males has been actively guarding a nest (3 adult males and 3 adult females are in 1 aquarium). My estimate is that they are now approx. 2 months old, and there are circa 10-12 of them.

No, the gender is not clear yet. Even the adults are not very easy to sex, compared to most other Parosphromenus species. The male's dorsal fin is a bit more pointed. The female's fins show the same brownish red color that is typical for this species, just like the males. The males can color up more intensely than the females, but this depends on their mood, too. With sexually mature animals in good condition, the females can be recognized by their round belly.

Kannst Du bei den drei Monate alten sumatranus, die Du uns ebenfalls zeigst, die Geschlechter schon unterscheiden?

Mostly not. Some of the young mature earlier than their siblings, and among these biggest ones, it possible to identify a young male at this age, sometimes.

Fr. Güße,
Karen

AntwortZitat
geert
(@geert)
Trusted Member
Beigetreten: Vor 21 Jahren

A juvenile that left the nest 6 days:

AntwortZitat
(@karen_k)
Estimable Member

Nice picture Geert! To me this baby looks very young, younger than 6 days free-swimming. But I'm not sure; 6 days is not much older than 1 day...

Below are some pictures of my young-adult Parosphromenus linkei (born in June and July 2005). They're for sale, per couple and/or small group. If you are interested, please let me know. A friend of me can take them to the meeting in Belzig, to hand them over.

Karen

AntwortZitat
geert
(@geert)
Trusted Member

Nice picture Geert! To me this baby looks very young, younger than 6 days free-swimming. But I'm not sure; 6 days is not much older than 1 day...

That is posseble Karen, than it is a fry from the second nest, and that is one day free-swimming.

AntwortZitat
geert
(@geert)
Trusted Member

And some picture from what i have from a local fish store:

In the store it was told to me that this is P. ornaticauda, and when i see the fish i believe it, but is that correct?

I have 20 species from them, so i have to give away a few one in Belzig. I want to be sure i have a few pairs on my own and i have no idea how many males and females i have.

AntwortZitat
(@karen_k)
Estimable Member

Geert, I am SO happy that you found these fish! Yes, I'd say they are P. ornaticauda indeed.
They look very skinny, they probably didn't eat much lately... They should be slender, but not skinny. Do they eat well, now that you have them? They should gain wait, but on the other hand they shouldn't be fed too much at once. Too much food would be dangerous (always, but especially for a fish that has eaten too less for a longer time). It would be perfect I think, if they accept the live food that you catch regularly (daphnia, cyclops)? This food is not too fat, and - as far as I know - doesn't cause stomach or digestion problems easily. And as soon as the spring finally starts, they'll love the black musquito larvae that are available then! Well, you probably know all this... Good luck Geert, they're a fabulous species!
Karen

AntwortZitat
Seite 5 / 17
Teilen: