Internationale Gemeinschaft für Labyrinthfische e.V.

Telefon: +49 152 28868116 | E-Mail: gf@igl-home.de

Parosphromenus biot...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Parosphromenus biotopes

41 Beiträge
7 Benutzer
0 Likes
30.5 K Ansichten
Stefan
(@stefan)
Honorable Member
Beigetreten: Vor 19 Jahren

He should ask the Browns....

You're absolutely right about alfredi being from Malaysia - my mistake.

AntwortZitat
(@peter-finke)
Noble Member
Beigetreten: Vor 20 Jahren

Yes, Stefan, you are fully right, but do you have an E-Mail-Adress of "the Browns"?

Peter Finke, Bielefeld

AntwortZitat
(@zahar)
Trusted Member
Beigetreten: Vor 18 Jahren
Themenstarter  

Alfred Waser (the "waseri") prepares to travel to Sarawak. In a mail to me he offers to try catching some Paros out there, if ... there are locations for Paros. I hardly know of Paro-locations in Sarawak (only quite a few, f.i. for P. allani, at the "outskirts of Sibu", or the populations in western Sarawak in the Stunggang area), but to my opinion there should be more.
If anybody of you knows intersting places from a Paro-point-of-view, please let me know soon. If you wish, I can arrange a contact to Mr. Waser.

The best way is to get help from a local, and I can't think of a better person than a colleague in Kuching. Check out his website here http://www.ibanorum.netfirms.com/index.htm

Regards,

Zahar AZ
Malaysia

AntwortZitat
(@peter-finke)
Noble Member

Thank you very much, Zahar, for mentioning Michael Lo's website. I forwarded it to Alfred Waser and advised him to get in contact with Michael. Unfortunately, he will not be able to travel before November; he thinks himself this to be not the best time. What do you think?

Peter Finke, Bielefeld

AntwortZitat
(@zahar)
Trusted Member
Themenstarter  

Malaysia recieve 2 monsoons each year, meaning 2 wet seasons per year. One is in the middle of the year, coming from central Asia as northwest monsoon. The area most affected would be the west coast of Peninsular Malaysia. Between November to January (plus and minus a month or 2), another one hit the east coast from south-east direction. This is usually more severe than the other and causes flood in almost all states on the that side of the country. If I am not mistaken, Sarawak is also affected at this time. But, it is best explained by the locals. I'll invite Michael to join in once he's back (from another trip).

Regards,

Zahar AZ
Malaysia

AntwortZitat
(@peter-finke)
Noble Member

I'll invite Michael to join in once he's back (from another trip).

That's a good idea, Zahar, thanks in advance.

Peter Finke, Bielefeld

AntwortZitat
(@zahar)
Trusted Member
Themenstarter  

Alfred Waser had been in Sarawak with Michael Lo last year. Check this out http://www.ibanorum.netfirms.com/waseri.htm

Regards,

Zahar AZ
Malaysia

AntwortZitat
(@peter-finke)
Noble Member

I thought so that they know each other already.

Peter Finke, Bielefeld

AntwortZitat
(@mrtree)

The hurdle en route to the persephone biotope.

The few km away from Ayer Hitam habitat? nightmares..

AntwortZitat
(@peter-finke)
Noble Member

Dear Zahar, you had nightmares and we, sitting in a conveniant chair, like to watch that picture! There is a person to be seen on it; is he the German who wanted to meet you? (We need not to tell his full name here). Did you explore Ayer Hitam and other swamps together with him? Any Paros caught? (He will be back at about 20th of September).

Peter Finke, Bielefeld

AntwortZitat
(@peter-finke)
Noble Member

Horst Linke, der vor einigen Monaten u.a. auf Sumatra gefischt und von dort die "Jambi" genannten Paros mitgebracht hat, ist sich sicher, dass von dieser Insel noch einige Paros zu uns kommen werden, die wir bisher nicht kennen. Zu wenige Feuchtgebiete sind bisher gründlich untersucht worden.

Peter Finke, Bielefeld

AntwortZitat
Seite 3 / 3
Teilen: