Internationale Gemeinschaft für Labyrinthfische e.V.

Telefon: +49 152 28868116 | E-Mail: gf@igl-home.de

Betta miniopinna - ...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Betta miniopinna - findet man Abnehmer?

60 Beiträge
19 Benutzer
0 Likes
18.1 K Ansichten
Stefan
(@stefan)
Honorable Member
Beigetreten: Vor 19 Jahren

Hi Verena,

Thanks for your reply and effort in trying to find the original source of this lineage :) That's much appreciated :) I like these little puzzles.

Your fish look great!

Cheers,
Stefan

AntwortZitat
 Jan
(@jan)
Reputable Member

Hello,

what I know is the following:
during the last IGL Meeting in Hamburg (several years ago), there was only one breeder left for miniopinna (unluckily I forgot the name..... and I am not sure whether there was any additional breeder), living in Hamburg.
He brought a limited number of pairs of miniopinna to the meeting. If I recall correctly it was 4 pairs.
He gave 2 pairs to me and 2 to another IGL member. As I have heard afterwards, the other pairs died or did not reproduce.
I was successful and had about 50 young fish and gave them to about 6 members for breeding........... and did not keep even one fish as I just wanted miniopinna to stay within the IGL.
No more information.

To my memory miniopinna was similar to my persephone Ayer Hitam, but a little longer (which may correspond to the decreasing size of persephone during the multiple generations) and had originally a more reddish/greenish colour, but this changed in my water and finally they were more similar/equal in colour.
In addition miniopinna did not show the degenerations I have seen with persephone like decreasing size, rounder body, short live and finally no reproduction (but only after bringing new blood into the line; a male from Astria. That was bad luck as I wanted to keep persephone what was the reason to give away all miniopinna).

Cheers,
Jan

IGL 159 Bestand: Arnoldichthys spilopterus WF; Ctenopoma acutirostre WF; Fundukopanchax gardneri; Macropodus opercularis "Quan Nam", M. erythroptherus "Dong Hoi"; Microctenopoma fasciolatum F1; Pterophyllum scalare "Belèm Sky Blue“; Trichopodus/Trichogaster leerii WF; Trichopodus/Trichogaster microlepis WF.

AntwortZitat
JustGreg
(@justgreg)
Trusted Member
Beigetreten: Vor 14 Jahren

Edit:
Doppelter Eintrag und wegen falscher Schreibung gelöscht ;)

AntwortZitat
JustGreg
(@justgreg)
Trusted Member
Beigetreten: Vor 14 Jahren

Hey there :)

What Jan wrote, made me think of Michael Schlüter.
He is an IGL member, he lives in Hamburg and I think I remember him still breeding B. miniopinna when I visited him the last time.
According to his stocklist (http://weichwasserfische.de/bestandsliste.htm) it is Betta miniopinna "Riau".

All the best,
Gregor :)

AntwortZitat
Stefan
(@stefan)
Honorable Member

Excellent catch Greg!! How could I forget; I've went to his house and saw the fish with my own eyes. :bounce: Could it be him Jan?

Body size and degeneration you mentioned are not diagnostic characters in this case, I'm afraid.

AntwortZitat
 emha
(@emha)
Honorable Member

Ich kann mich dran erinnern, dass Jan und ich die miniopinna als ausdrücklich solche von jemanden erhielten aus Hamburg. Michael sollte es wissen.- Sprecht ihn an. Ich erhielt mein Paar zum optischen Ableich zu B. persephone und gab sie dann weiter an Uwe Küster (bin nicht 100% sicher, fragen wir ihn doch mal).

Zum Abgleich:
B. m. ist länger und vor allem etwas größer. Die Färbung ist eher grün als blautürkis (persephone). Die Unterschiede sind also Nuancen.

Martin Hallmann

AntwortZitat
freaky_fish
(@freaky_fish)
Prominent Member
Beigetreten: Vor 16 Jahren
Themenstarter  

Mensch, das wird ja richtig ergiebig. Meine Tiere sind nämlich Nachkommen genau jener Tiere, die Jan hatte. Er hatte BettaMainz welche gegeben und von ihm sind meine. Eventuell bestätigt sich dann ja sogar noch der Fundort, das wäre perfekt.
Michael (BettaMainz) hat im übrigen ebenfalls bestätigt, dass der Unterschied zu sehen war zwischen B. persephone und B. miniopinna, sowohl von der Größe her als auch farblich.

Liebe Grüße
Verena

AntwortZitat
Stefan
(@stefan)
Honorable Member

Wonderful! So the 'Fundort' is Riau (only miniopinna occurs there)! Thanks everyone for being so wonderful :)

Since Riau is a province on Sumatra my guess is the actual location is Pulau Bintan, Riau Archipelago, an island of the coast of Riau and the type locality (cf. Tan & Ng, 2005b), and it's apparently restricted to that location, and doesn't occur on the mainland (Riau) cf. the 2005 info. Still, I'd keep the label only to Riau; perhaps it has bene found from the mainland meanwhile?

Is there any way to find out which generation was sold to my English friend(s) from the AAGB at the IGL meeting in France? Last puzzle; I promise :P

AntwortZitat
freaky_fish
(@freaky_fish)
Prominent Member
Themenstarter  

Hm...from whom did he buy them? Last year I gave some of my offspring to members of our regional group an one of them (his name is Thomas) was successful in breeding und brought his offspring to Bärenthal. 8)

In case your friends bought these fishs, the questions are:
- which generation did the breeder from Hamburg give to Jan?
- which generation of his offspring gave BettaMainz to me ( I'll ask him :wink: )
If we get the answers to these questions we know the generation, right?!

So let's find out.

Verena

AntwortZitat
Stefan
(@stefan)
Honorable Member

He bought them from Thomas Griep. Thanks Verena :)

I think that Schluter (Hamburg) had wild fish?

AntwortZitat
freaky_fish
(@freaky_fish)
Prominent Member
Themenstarter  

So now I can answer this question:

- which generation of his offspring gave BettaMainz to me ( I'll ask him :wink: )

I got the first offspring from him. :D
And I gave my first offspring to Thomas.
And he gave his first offspring to your friend.

So just one question to answer - which generation was given to Jan?

Grettings
Verena

AntwortZitat
Stefan
(@stefan)
Honorable Member

Verena, you are great! We're nearly there :)

AntwortZitat
 MS
(@_ms_)
Beigetreten: Vor 22 Jahren

Hi,

I got the miniopinna from Christoph... Don´t remember his last name. He is or was living in Hamburg. They were wild caught in 2007 from Riau. Still got this species.

Michael

AntwortZitat
freaky_fish
(@freaky_fish)
Prominent Member
Themenstarter  

Klasse, wir wissen immer mehr. :bounce:

Und an alle Interessenten: die ersten Jungtiere sind abgabebereit. Wer welche will, also bitte melden. Versand kann bei Bedarf organisiert werden, optimal wäre natürlich mit Mitfahrgelegenheit oder Abholung. Ggf. läßt sich ja auch ein Transport für mehrere Interessierte gemeinsam organisieren.

Liebe Grüße
Verena

AntwortZitat
 MS
(@_ms_)
Beigetreten: Vor 22 Jahren

Mir ist der Name eingefallen, die Tiere kommen von Sebastian Letsch.

Michael

AntwortZitat
Seite 3 / 4
Teilen: