Internationale Gemeinschaft für Labyrinthfische e.V.

Telefon: +49 152 28868116 | E-Mail: gf@igl-home.de

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Betta ideii

8 Beiträge
6 Benutzer
0 Likes
6,939 Ansichten
(@zahar)
Trusted Member
Beigetreten: Vor 18 Jahren
Themenstarter  

Got the pair last December. They had spawned 5 times but never went beyond day 3. Any tips?

p/s : the white dots are not velvets or whitespot but dirt in the water ot glass.

Regards,

Zahar AZ
Malaysia

Zitat
Stefan
(@stefan)
Honorable Member
Beigetreten: Vor 19 Jahren

Could you tell us more about their environment at your place? That might help with giving tips :) I already said it when we talked but again; wah nice fishes!! I envy you lah :D

AntwortZitat
Auke
 Auke
(@auke)
Estimable Member
Beigetreten: Vor 20 Jahren

Hello Zahar,

as Stefan asked .. what are your water-parameters? Could a lower Ph-level help out? Beautiful fishes anyway .. :D

regards,
Auke

AntwortZitat
Wolf
 Wolf
(@wolf)

Hi Zahar,

I can only share my Betta macrostoma experience with you. Those guys have had the same problem (3 days-syndrome) for 1.5 years!
I have been using acid (pH 5) RO-water all the time. At the end, it was just patience that did the job. Today, 90% of the spawns are completely ok.

Maybe it is simply "training". There are no measurable changes in environmental conditions, that might have induced the sudden success in breeding. By the way, I am pretty sure, that the problem is unsuccessful fertilization (not hungry fathers). I took out eggs after 2 days and incubated artificially, but none of the eggs developed.

Good luck

wolf

AntwortZitat
chk
 chk
(@chk)
Noble Member
Beigetreten: Vor 22 Jahren

Zahar,
I am deeply impressed by your photos :o I wish I could do the same wonderful way as you can :cry:
Can you please tell how you made those (I know, you clicked :wink: ), I mean how you established the black background (what kind of material is it that it does not reflect?) What kind of light you used? Camera type? macro?
You see ....?

Thanks, chk

>===:{ } >=:]
IGL 103

AntwortZitat
(@zahar)
Trusted Member
Themenstarter  

First, apologise me for this very, very ate reply. I forgot about this thread and the computer was out of commission for some times.
At the moment, the pH is 7.0-7.2 and the water is really soft (actually not tested). Previously the readings ranges from 5.8 right up to 6.5. Those were after some manipulation is attenpts to get the spawning right. So far, none had been successful. Lower pH didn't seems to be helpful and in fact, a lucky hobbyist had a successful spawn in pH in the region of 7.5.

Other interventions tried: separate the female from the brooding male and cover the tank.

Thanks for the ideas.

Regards,

Zahar AZ
Malaysia

AntwortZitat
(@zahar)
Trusted Member
Themenstarter  

Zahar,
I am deeply impressed by your photos :o I wish I could do the same wonderful way as you can :cry:
Can you please tell how you made those (I know, you clicked :wink: ), I mean how you established the black background (what kind of material is it that it does not reflect?) What kind of light you used? Camera type? macro?
You see ....?

Thanks, chk

Thanks but I, myself is not satisfy with them,

The back of the tank is covered by a piece of black paper and yes the back glass is still reflective. The key is to reduce the light hitting the glass. I put the flash on top of the tank and positioned it so that none, or only a small amount of light reflected from the back glass.
Then of course a little work with Photoshop. Isolate the fish and adjust the level and blur the background. Sometimes when the back ground is just to messy, paste the subject onto another photo. Such as this one.

The equipments : Nikon E 5400 (an old prosumer model), a third party flash connected with a (Nikon's) SC0-28 sync-cord.

Regards,

Zahar AZ
Malaysia

AntwortZitat
SebastianLetsch
(@sebastianletsch)
Eminent Member
Beigetreten: Vor 22 Jahren

Hi Zahar,

do you have some news concerning the breeding?

AntwortZitat
Teilen: